I got a lead on a job! ~DH's job Saga Continues...

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
OK, so it would only be 20 hours or so a week, but anything is better than nothing! and it is really close to home....

Here's how it went....local lady that gave DH the free dryer moved to a new house and needed some things hauled away. DH was happy to help her out. She works a job helping the elderly. She has 2 clients. She said her job entails making their breakfast, washing the dishes, doing their laundry and sometimes helping them get dressed. That's it. She is home everyday by 11 am! She said they are hiring, and if I want the job, let her know and she'll get me in!

And yes, I am going to do it!

Not sure what it pays right now, but I won't have to put in more than 4-6 hours a day, and all I can think is it will help towards chicken feed and more $ to add coops and fencing and socks and underwear for the kids for Christmas (yes I said it, Christmas LOL) and maybe, just maybe, we can get that beef we want to put in the pasture field.

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
Yeah, see, I was wondering what frugal ideas you guys had for Christmas presents! ;)

CONGRATULATIONS on finding a potential job. I hope it helps keep the chickens fed (etc.) and isn't too much of a strain on your schedule! :)

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
DrakeMaiden said:
Yeah, see, I was wondering what frugal ideas you guys had for Christmas presents! ;)

CONGRATULATIONS on finding a potential job. I hope it helps keep the chickens fed (etc.) and isn't too much of a strain on your schedule! :)
HAHA socks and underwear is ALL I am buying them. I have tons of scrap pieces of material so I am going to make the kids each their own quilt...machine sewed...takes to long to do by hand.

And I am making them some baked goodies and homemade caramel and we are making popcorn strands for the trees.

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
Homemade gifts are great. They might not realize it now, but some day they will remember them fondly. :)

I don't think they will remember the underwear & socks quite so fondly. ;)

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
Congratulations and good luck, QA!

Is this a private thing or through 2-1-1? I know during county fair, 2-1-1 had flyers about what they do, and it is very similar.

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
Well, something else just happened, so I might now be going to work after all!

One of DH's old friends a few minutes ago said the place he is working for is hiring, and he's gonna put a word in to his boss tomorrow, and best case scenario, DH could start as early as Monday!! Getting 40+ hours a week!!

ETA: this would be daytime hours, so I wouldn't take the job offered me because we don't want day care expenses!

tfpets

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
:D
Whoo Hooo! Good News! Maybe its a good sign, the prospects coming in together! Hope things work out well!
Take care,
Tina