i got geese!- and they don't know how to swim! **ATTN KAREN**

bibliophile birds

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
so, the geese are out free-ranging for real for the first time today. the dogs are terrified! Gus, the Red Heeler working dog, who easily herds cattle, won't go anywhere near them. i made him walk out with me to push them back towards their pen (and water buckets) but he didn't like it one bit. big sissy.

the cats are very curious. Ollie helped me herd them this morning and thought it was great fun. Tommy thinks they are especially for him and keeps trying to hang out. maybe it's because they look like him: white with orange highlights. they'll let him get pretty close but then chase him off.

they've also decided that the back yard is for LOSERS and only want to hang out in the front yard next to the garage where the action is. they almost got the meter reader from the power company. he wasn't paying attention and ran up on them walking out to the meter and he got a pretty big surprise when Ricky started honking like his life depended on it.

now i need a sign that says "BEWARE OF ATTACK GEESE AND SISSY DOGS"

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
LOL

We have to warn everyone of the dogs and of the geese now, too!

Except we sold the Embdens and Romans. :)

bibliophile birds

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
OFG and Quail- how often do you worm your geese and what do you use? i've seen varying advice- from every 4 months to almost never.... not surprising, but not helpful.

i'd like to use herbal/organic if possible. do you have any experience with those?

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
they've also decided that the back yard is for LOSERS and only want to hang out in the front yard next to the garage where the action is. they almost got the meter reader from the power company. he wasn't paying attention and ran up on them walking out to the meter and he got a pretty big surprise when Ricky started honking like his life depended on it.

now i need a sign that says "BEWARE OF ATTACK GEESE AND SISSY DOGS"
hee hee hee i tell folks that i can call the dogs back but they are on their own with the geese.... that cable guy had to run for his truck.. i told him....

anywhoo

the backyard IS for losers! ha!

as for wormer...i dont. never had to so.. hum.. dunno... but there is a guy over on BYC, goosedragon, who is The Man for all things geese.. very knowledgeable. i'm sure he'd know

:)

bibliophile birds

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
ohiofarmgirl said:
as for wormer...i dont. never had to so.. hum.. dunno... but there is a guy over on BYC, goosedragon, who is The Man for all things geese.. very knowledgeable. i'm sure he'd know
i'd really rather not either. i don't worm the chickens except for some pumpkin. but the idea of throat worms really kinda freaked me out....

for everyone's viewing pleasure, especially Karen's, here is our first swimming lesson.