I love the two purpose goal

enjoy the ride

Sufficient Life
Reaction score
One of the things I have never liked about dehyrating apple is that I soak them in diluted lemon juice for a few minutes before putting them in the dehydrator. It's usually about two lemons to 6 or 7 apples. Made it more expensive than I liked. as the lemon I grow are not acidic enough.
In researching some info for the dried basil question on another thread, I ran across a comment that the spent lemon/apple soaking juice is drinkable. I thought that well Ok and tried it. It's wonderful- The lemons lose much of their acidity and pick up a little appley sweetness so the drink needs much less sugar than lemonade and has a very delish, slightly different taste.
Yahoo I have several jars of this in the fridge now.

I love something that serves more than one purpose- It makes me glow aaaalllll over with self-satisfaction.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
WOW now that is drinking the bath water the baby was washed in..HA HA HA
good to know you can drink it and it is delish! good combo...I love lemon and apple so I bet it does taste good.

how long do you think it will keep in the fridge?

Woodland Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I did the same thing with pears. I was about to throw the water I soaked them in out and my daughter suggested using it for juice. Just a little sugar and they loved it!

enjoy the ride

Sufficient Life
Reaction score
I don't know how long it will keep- I suppose I could freeze some but since I love the taste I will be surprised if it lasts long enough to go bad-lol

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
LOL--I hear ya...drink up before daylight..HA HA