Ideas please!

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
My dad jsut gave us his old snowblower. The motor still works great-- one pull and it's running. ( the snow thrower part is the part that is broke) Any ideas on what we might do with the motor? I t might just become a go cart project for the kids, but looking to see if other people have good ideas for it. (Can't remember the h.p.)

muddler6

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
Find someone with a dead tiller that needs a matching motor. I gave one to a friend who needed a side shaft motor for his rototiller and it matched up perfectly. BUT if I was your kid, I would want the go-cart or a mini-bike!!!!

Want2BFarmer

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Use the engine to make a go-cart and then sell it to make money for a snowblower that works...you will probably need one more then I need one in PA :p

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
LOL!! The first thought that came to my mind was a go cart! DH and his cousins made one from an old rototiller motor when they were younger!

breconbcs

Power Conserver
Reaction score
If you can be like my hubby, make a "frankinblower". :) Our snowblower is made from an old sear's craftsman and a mdt (I think). It works which is all that matters up here. lol This was the first full year of using it (last year things kept breaking on it - pins and such) and it did extremely well and never broke down once. Hopefully we will be able to put it away soon...

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Want2BFarmer said:
Use the engine to make a go-cart and then sell it to make money for a snowblower that works...you will probably need one more then I need one in PA :p
got a skid steer for snow removal and farm work. this year we actually had alot of snow to plow, but last couple of years not so much. I think it will be a go cart for the kids.

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
breconbcs said:
If you can be like my hubby, make a "frankinblower". :) Our snowblower is made from an old sear's craftsman and a mdt (I think). It works which is all that matters up here. lol This was the first full year of using it (last year things kept breaking on it - pins and such) and it did extremely well and never broke down once. Hopefully we will be able to put it away soon...
Our snow was gone last month--we actually got alot of it this year.Most years we're lucky if we get more than a foot to stay on the ground. Sure do miss the north!!!!