If everyone gathered a piece..

roosmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
of the information gathering needed to build a working windmill / turbine, could we make it work? Could we all work together to do it? There is a lot of self sufficient talk going on (which is great) but how about something concrete that we all did? There is an immense amount of info out there to research and make use of.
Could we come up with a fairly inexpensive, buildable, accessible to all (most) windmill / turbine plan that could be built by the average homeowner? Something that will allow us (the users) to use our own power? Maybe even get off the grid?
We (DH and I) have attempted to do the research and have come up against lots of pics but not a lot of info on the turbines. Do they want to keep us Dependant on the grid? Could we do it as a forum? Everyone gather a pc of the info needed?

roosmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
WOW, we have been all over on the internet and never came across anything like this. Thank-you this is a start. Hopefully we can get started on this and tell everyone how well it works, if it does or not. Thanks a lot. :)

k0xxx

Mr. Sunshine
Reaction score
Try the Instructables web site. The url appears below. Type "Wind Turbine" into the search box and see numerous examples along with instructions. They also have one that uses the 5 gallon buckets mentioned in another recent post.

http://www.instructables.com/

roosmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
:| Grrrr, I showed it to my hubby and he said something negative about it, we got into a heated discussion and I let it go. We will see eh? Sometimes up here it is hard, read extremely hard, to get things. He may just be frustrated. But thanks anyway.