If the SHTF today......

okiegirl1

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
what's the first thing you'd do?

Like if we got bombed, economy collapse, something big.

I'd proably realize just how ill-prepared I really am.
Maybe head to the grocery store. I dunno.

call my mommy.:hu

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
I would stop talking to anyone and everyone, and mum's the word on what I own.

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
I would baton down the hatches and hunker down.
As long as DH had a job he would be going to that....otherwise leave as little as possible.
It would really depend on the severity of the situation.

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
That's one thing I seriously do not worry about. Seriously. In fact, I don't worry about much if anything. IMO, it's all in God's hands, end times are near, ain't nothing we can do about it other than make sure we are right with God.
So, I guess, that is what I would do--make sure I am good with God.

Wolf-Kim

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
We'd keep the fort!

Lock everything down tight. Stay together. Formulate a plan.

The family has often talked about this jokingly. We would all congregate at the mountain house. We would find and turn loose hogs into the woods to gather their own food. Hives, cages, and livestock would go with us. Supplies would be gathered, guns, ropes, strings, pots, pans, blankets, clothing, etc.

The animals would sleep on the porch. Snares and traps would be set to catch local food. Fish fences would be set in the local creek.

My genius husband, FIL, grandfather, and uncle in law, would rig up a methane distiller. Hubby has been wanting to learn to make/reload ammunition anyway. We would get some big mean butt dogs. ;)

okiegirl1

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
miss_thenorth said:
That's one thing I seriously do not worry about. Seriously. In fact, I don't worry about much if anything. IMO, it's all in God's hands, end times are near, ain't nothing we can do about it other than make sure we are right with God.
So, I guess, that is what I would do--make sure I am good with God.
I totally agree. But.... I am one that believes the rapture will come after some pretty hard times. I agree God provides for his children, i.e., the Hebrews got manna. But who wants to eat manna everyday?

okiegirl1

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Wolf-Kim said:
We'd keep the fort!

The family has often talked about this jokingly. We would all congregate at the mountain house. We would find and turn loose hogs into the woods to gather their own food. Hives, cages, and livestock would go with us. Supplies would be gathered, guns, ropes, strings, pots, pans, blankets, clothing, etc.

The animals would sleep on the porch. Snares and traps would be set to catch local food. Fish fences would be set in the local creek.

My genius husband, FIL, grandfather, and uncle in law, would rig up a methane distiller. Hubby has been wanting to learn to make/reload ammunition anyway. We would get some big mean butt dogs. ;)
wow, that sounds like what my moms plan is.

"Go to grandpa's land. The men will take turns guarding the property, especially at night. We will be able to take care of our own, but will be more concerned about those that try to come in and take what is ours"

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
Wolf-Kim said:
We'd keep the fort!

Wow! You sound prepared!
I think I need to talk to my family a little more and get them on board with some more prepping!

noobiechickenlady

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I'd rejoice because it would mean I could stay home & work on getting more SS, as I would no longer have to make the 45 minute commute to my desk job and be out of my house for 10 hours a day.
I too am a post-trib. We might be protected from God's wrath & care would be given to us from him, but God does not control humans. Free will and all.
"We will be able to take care of our own, but will be more concerned about those that try to come in and take what is ours"
Yep, that about sums it up.

Latest posts