I'm gonna get new neighbours!!

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
The house closest to me is empty, as it has been for the past month. Sadly--the owners lost it, but (I know this sound mean, but)I wasn't sad that they left. The lady there took a great dislike to me for whatever reason--we had only met a few times.

So, I don't exactly know how foreclosure works, but I do know that eventually it will go on the market, and we will get new neighbours. I am praying for good neighbours, with dogs that don't wander as I let my chickens freerange. It would also be nice if there were boys there so my son could have new friends.

I am excited, but dreading this at the same time.

There is a van there right now, been there for about a half hour, and the side door is open, so I'm wondering if that is a real estate agent.

Oooohhhh, the anticipation.......!!

:fl :fl :fl

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
A good neighbor is priceless....a bad one a constant misery! :) I'm blessed to have no near neighbors! :D

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
A good neighbor is priceless....a bad one a constant misery! :) I'm blessed to have no near neighbors! :D
Which s why I'm anxious--I don't want bad neighbours!!!! Even if they are 1/2 a kilometer away.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Fingers crossed for you.

When I bought my 5 acres and moved in and fenced for my horses and put up a big barn, I knew my (formerly northern) neighbor was in ga-ga form. They aren't like me..HA HA

And when I shot her dog with the BB gun for running my horses she thought I was a true nut..LOL..but when we chatted we found we were from the same area in NJ and had alot in common. She wasn't mad about the dog. I just told her nothing goes after my horses! Period. So she tied the dog.

What is it with people who "come to the country" and feel it is OK to let their critters run loose. Not just in their yard but ALL over and cause terror and damage? I hate that....ya know I say to these people, yea, you love your pet, I sure as he11 don't!
HA HA

oh well.....off topic....hope you get good ones...it is important!!! I know!

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
Hey, congrats. Given how much you disliked the old neighbors, chances are the new ones'll be an improvement, right? ;)

The property next to ours is for sale, and I'm doing the same thing you are, wondering who we're going to get in there :)

Pat

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
We got new neighbors back in June. We just "met" them last night for the first time, and that was only because their coon dog escaped and was trying to work himself into my chicken coop!!

Thank fully they were nice and penned their dog up. Even asked if he had done any damages. :)

I hope you get wonderful new neighbors with chickens of their own!! ;)

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
patandchickens said:
Hey, congrats. Given how much you disliked the old neighbors, chances are the new ones'll be an improvement, right? ;)

The property next to ours is for sale, and I'm doing the same thing you are, wondering who we're going to get in there :)

Pat
It was she who didn't like me--from the rumours I heard, but now she's gone & I'm not heart broken.

Hope you get good neighbours too!!!

1acrefarm

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I hope you get some good neighbors. My new neighbors have 4 very loud pitbulls in a 4 foot fence. The pitbulls are always barking at me and my goats too. I also see drug dealers pull up to their house pretty regular.:mad: