i'm on youtube :)

ohiogoatgirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
so i was thinking about it for a while and finally got to it. i made a youtube channel.
the only videos i have up so far are on the goats, really. i will have many other topics and animals on soon enough though. about to work on videos of how i make goat cheese, making twine&yarn baskets, and a video of my soon to be rabbit colony.
here is the link (it should be anyhow. lol)
http://www.youtube.com/user/girlwalkswithgoats?feature=mhee

i welcome comments. here and on youtube. and if anyone has any suggestions of things they would like to see videos of i am trying to make a list. i want to do "how to" type things. especially making things from scratch, cooking, farming, etc. but any and all suggestions and comments are welcome. thanks!

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
I subscribed! I will be looking for info on "breaking" a goat to milk or a cow to milk--by hand.

ohiogoatgirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score

@snapshot
i will try and have somethin up soon to help you out. i know how difficult milking can be with four hooves going every which way.
are you having any specific problems that i could address?

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
*perks* Twine baskets?? Like from bailing twine? Like bailing twine that was taken off of hay bales???

I'd love to know! I made a wreath out of it... but that isn't really useful in the long term...

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
ohiogoatgirl said:

@snapshot
i will try and have somethin up soon to help you out. i know how difficult milking can be with four hooves going every which way.
are you having any specific problems that i could address?
Not yet. Just thinking ahead. Thanks!

ohiogoatgirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
okay, i will try and think of everything i dealt with when i've had new milkers.

yes baskets from baling twine. we save all the twine off the bales after we feed em out so i have almost a whole 50 pound feed sack full of "rings" haha. will try and work on that video soon.

hqueen13

Reaction score
ohiogoatgirl said:
okay, i will try and think of everything i dealt with when i've had new milkers.

yes baskets from baling twine. we save all the twine off the bales after we feed em out so i have almost a whole 50 pound feed sack full of "rings" haha. will try and work on that video soon.
:weee so much fun! A new craft!! Course we cut most of ours, rather than slip them off, hopefully that won't matter...
Do you have a picture of one of the baskets you can post?? I'd love to see one!!

hqueen13

Reaction score
Awesome! I have a lot of junk yarn (redheart... good for nothing but crafts!) that I could work with this! I can't wait to see your instructions!!

Latest posts