I'm so excited!!

RTRChick

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I know this doesn't effect you guys at all really, but I'm just so thrilled I had to share.

Recycling is up at UA! WOOHOOO! All because some students and I told the SGA we wanted the University to actually recycle and make it easier for other students to recycle. So they did just that. Instead of the university taking what was in the few recycling bins and just throwing it away, they have been recycling it. Plus they put out more recycling bins. Recycling is up, from what I understand, the school is saving some money and plus those items aren't filling up a landfill. Plus!! Maybe these students who are recycling are getting used to it, and will continue to do so!

I'm so thrilled! :weee :ya

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
That is awesome!!

I hope they keep it up too!

ScottyG

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
OT a bit:

I'm at a small liberal arts college with a big campus-wide initiative to create "sustainability" on campus. To that end, they've gone paperless in a lot of things, hired environmentalists to give talks and training to staff and faculty, etc. Great, right?

But they seem to be missing the obvious. There are NO recycling bins anywhere on campus, except one in the student center. GAH!!! And, to top it all off, all of the cafeterias and events and anything foodservice uses STYROFOAM cups and plates. GAAAAAAH! I can't understand why a school with such a commitment to being good to the environment can't see these ridiculously obvious things. ARRRGH.

user251

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
well, ROLL TIDE ROLL!!! by the way I sure hope they can keep up the good work in Tennessee Saturday.

poppycat

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
ScottyG said:
OT a bit:

I'm at a small liberal arts college with a big campus-wide initiative to create "sustainability" on campus. To that end, they've gone paperless in a lot of things, hired environmentalists to give talks and training to staff and faculty, etc. Great, right?

But they seem to be missing the obvious. There are NO recycling bins anywhere on campus, except one in the student center. GAH!!! And, to top it all off, all of the cafeterias and events and anything foodservice uses STYROFOAM cups and plates. GAAAAAAH! I can't understand why a school with such a commitment to being good to the environment can't see these ridiculously obvious things. ARRRGH.
Think baby steps. Surely the hired environmentalists will point some of these things out. If not I'm not sure what they are getting paid to do.

Awesome news RTR!

RTRChick

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Thank you everyone for celebriting the small victory with me :D

ScottyG, I think some of the students play a big roll in the recycling on campus. If no one else has pointed out the obvious, you can do it. The school may have really of never thought about it. I know its scary at first, and hard to figure out who to contact. May I suggest starting with your SGA? I know when I first got involved with the recycling I was so nervous I had to get a friend to come with me. If you have any friends on campus, ask them to join you.

and firem3, I'm so nervous about this game! Mt. Cody is in one of my classes and he has a big black brace on his leg and is using crunches...

Latest posts