I'm So Glad To Be Here!

Bacawind

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
My husband and I live on the prairie in southeastern Colorado with our two cats, five dogs,and 19 chickens. We have three grown children who have flown-the-coop.

About Me (in a nutshell);
I question a lot of societies truths. I find it enlightening when I realize I've been doing something I was taught that "it's just the way it is," then find out there is another (often better) way. I do a lot of research on how things are/were done, in various cultures. After researching, I experiment with concepts in our daily life.

(Notice the "I" experiment in "our," and "life" not lives? :lol: Grammatically it's horrible, but it's accurate. My husband and I toss ideas around and then try them out. I call what I do "playing." Like making mud pies and mixing baking soda and vinegar, just on an adult level. He plays with me.)

Sometimes the experiments become a part of our life. No TV, couch, recliner, kitchen range, not even a typical American kitchen. (The latest experiment is hammocks instead of a bed.) Composting toilet, family cloths, greywater to the garden. Currently, I'm carding mohair (we used to have Angoras) to make under quilts for our hammocks this winter.

Enough about me, I'm off to search the forum to find out about y'all!

MoonShadows

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Hey @Bacawind...welcome to the forum. We're going to get some good pointers from you, I'm sure, and you'll find some nuggets here on the forum as well. Good people; good information; good times. Welcome aboard!

Jim

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Welcome, from Texas! Hammocks! I love that idea...not sure my back would...but ya never know until you try, huh?

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Welcome from Texas! No recliners? NOOOOO........... :lol::lol::lol: Glad you joined us, we're a friendly bunch and we love pictures too!