in search of a perfect tea

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
The tea I am trying to recreate was sweet without any added sugar, it was a rich red-ish brown (could mean it had hibiscus), had a strong orange flavor (added citrus oils?), and was herbal...so no actual tea leaves.

garden pixy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
One of my favorite caffeine free tea blends it's spicy and sweet, I always enjoy it as is with no sweetener

Ingredients:

Red Rooibos, Chicory Root, Rosehips, Cinnamon, Peppermint, Lemongrass, Papaya, Chamomile, Anise Seed, Ginger root, Dandelion root, Orange peel, orange oil.

Maybe curb some of the spicier ingredients to get a nice citrus sweet tea

Rooibos is a tea leaf, but naturally caffeine free, and has a nice rich red color (and a little nice sweetness)

Wifezilla

Reaction score
There was no mint flavor to the tea I am trying to duplicate. I like mint tea...but plain.

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
I know some of my sweet herbasl teas have stevia leaves in them. Just throwing that out there, I don't create many teas for myself, and if i do, they are very basic.

garden pixy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I sometimes add a tiny bit of mint to my tea blends to get that cool refreshing flavor, but not enough to even recognize the mint as a flavor, plus I always have soooooo much mint. lol.

Wifezilla

Reaction score
Stevia leaf is a possibility, BUT, I first had this tea over 25 years and stevia was not a readily available ingredient at that time.

framing fowl

On a mission
Reaction score
Could you possibly track it down through it's source? Did you have it at a tea house or was it a commercial product that is just no longer available?

framing fowl

On a mission
Reaction score
One of my favorite sweet teas is the Good Earth Caffeine Free Original that I get at the health food store.

Ingredients: Red rooibos, chicory root, rosehips, cinnamon, lemongrass, peppermint, papaya, chamomile, panax ginseng leaves, anise seed, dandelion root, ginger root, orange oil, orange peel.