Info on dehydrating, shipping and rehydrating kefir grains

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
I have milk kefir.

It is so easy! They are pretty much ready to go right now in the "partially dehydrated" stage. I'll ship them sprinkled with dry milk per the instructions. EASY!!!

(Delia, I have your tea ready to go too.) Dace, Delia shipment goes out tomorrow!

:woot

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Oh and if anyone else wants some kefir grains, I'll have more next week. Lets see if Dace and Delia get good results first, then I would be more than happy to ship out more.

delia_peterson

Covered in Compost
Reaction score
big brown horse said:
I have milk kefir.

It is so easy! They are pretty much ready to go right now in the "partially dehydrated" stage. I'll ship them sprinkled with dry milk per the instructions. EASY!!!

(Delia, I have your tea ready to go too.) Dace, Delia shipment goes out tomorrow!

:woot
:ya Thank you!!!:weee

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Yay!!! :celebrate

Free......when the instructions say....to pour one cup of milk over the grains, that is a literal measurement correct? Not a tall glassful?

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Who measures anything, anyways??? :lol: I don't think it matters that much, just don't waste too much milk.

I didn't drink the rehydration milk until it smelled good, although I didn't know what "good" was as I'd never had kefir, my instincts knew. As soon as it smelled like food to me, after maybe the third day, I gave it to the pets for another day or two and then it started getting nice and thick, and we gingerly tried it (I am a picky eater, probably due to hypersensitive taste buds and numerous food allergies!!)

Like kombucha, we both instantly knew that our bodies needed and craved this stuff. Have fun and report back to us!

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
big brown horse said:
Oh and if anyone else wants some kefir grains, I'll have more next week. Lets see if Dace and Delia get good results first, then I would be more than happy to ship out more.
:frow Can you ship to Canada? If not, hubby has a P.o> box in the Detroit.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Don't see why I couldn't. The grains along with the dry powdered milk do resemble cocaine...at least the kind I've seen on TV. :p Hope we all don't get arrested! :lol: