Infrared Heaters

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has one of these? They are supposed to be really energy efficient. They are electric but apparently can save you up to 50%. Just something I am looking into as a heat source for a cabin. They say you can heat up to 1000sq ft with them and it is a totally even heat from floor to ceiling.
We currently have an infrared sauna and love it!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
MorelCabin said:
Just wondering if anyone has one of these? They are supposed to be really energy efficient. They are electric but apparently can save you up to 50%. Just something I am looking into as a heat source for a cabin. They say you can heat up to 1000sq ft with them and it is a totally even heat from floor to ceiling.
We currently have an infrared sauna and love it!
Used one once in a large basement and it didn't do what they advertised at all. It was the one they most advertise..around $400. I wasn't real impressed....it was frigid down there and the heater just heated the area right around it.

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Thanks Beekissed, I was wondering about that...I mean heat lamps...the infrared ones onely heat what they are pointed at, so the heaters must be the same. Infrared saunas work kind of that way, but there are 4-6 heaters in a tiny 5x5 foot space so it does get hot in there

dacjohns

Our Frustrated Curmudgeon
Reaction score
I did some research on one that has pretty impressive advertisements. The reviews pretty much said they are garbage.

paul wheaton

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I wonder ....

Suppose you have a dark tile floor. And you point it at the people and the floor. I would guess that it would warm any people that happened to wander under it, and it would warm the floor. You would get that warm floor feeling.

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
We have zoned, electric radiant heat in our house. Back in the '50's it was the latest and greatest thing and to this day WE LOVE IT! Basically what is it is, is a wire heating element sandwiched in between the base layer and the top layer of the plaster that is in the ceiling. Each room has it's own thermostat. It warms OBJECTS, not the air. Get out of bed in the morning and the floors are WARM. When you go to bed in the evening the sheets are WARM.........and it is very reasonable price wise. No furnace or duct work to worry about, no air flow problems.....no hot/cold spots..... I even installed a propane fired radiant heater in my shop. Love it also!