Is creating a Spa in your SS plans?

sylvie

Recycled Spunk
Reaction score
We give great thought to the obvious SS projects like gardens, food, long term storage and alternative energy. What about a little pampering to keep us sane through the long haul? What do you plan to do or have done to give yourself some "me" space or pampering?

I want to build a small sauna and would love to know if anyone has done this? I had my face in a towel tent over a steaming pot of water listening to music but I need more than that! I need to add another element to the frugal lifestyle.

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
We have a 8 person hot tub outside. We mostly run it in the summer for the kiddos to play in. But, I would love to have a sauna in our bathroom. A friend of ours has one that they put in their finished basement. I think it just big enough for one person.

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Send your dh to massage school, doesn't use up precious generator power in an emergency. That's what I did. Works great.

:thumbsup

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I've seen some nifty plans for saunas and hot tubs using wood heat in Countryside and MEN. When I get my own place one day, I've always planned on building one from stone, haybale, cob construction. One could recycle the water into the garden.

johnElarue

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Yes, but I can't decide between sauna or wood fired bath, no jets, no bubbles, just a soak.

The sauna may be easier to make or copy something like this
rotenburo =outdoor bath

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I want a sauna. Roosmom built her own and she told me all about it and now I want one...LOL

won't be anytime soon. hard times means I am slowing down on all new projects etc. I am definitely on the being more careful side of where my money is spent.

So yes I sure want a sauna, but not yet.

I have a small above ground pool. Spring comes I open it and swim til fall....that is my relaxation at my house and it is enough for right now. It entertains Nicole too. Since having her I have swam more in the pool than normal over these 15 years (yea it is old now but doing fine)-----I got it for after riding or farm work I would jump in and do a rinse off....now with Nicole we swim and relax.
I like the pool better now..LOL

We should pamper ourselves. We go thru this life only once --maybe---and I know I want some enjoyment from it also!