Is there a chart that would tell me whats in season vegies and fruits?

TX Honky

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I would like to get a hold of a chart or something that would tell me what fruits and veggies are in season. Month to Month. I don't know much about it all just yet. Any ideas?

enjoy the ride

Sufficient Life
Reaction score
Trouble is that any such list would need to be really local becasue many things are in season in many places all year long. A trip or two to your local farmer's market would probably tell you.
If you live in a place with snow, it is still possible to get local produce grown in green houses.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
hey TX
go online to your Dept. of Agriculture website. It should list all your veggies/fruits etc. by month of availability. My Dept of Agri. does!
Hope that helps ya!

Cassandra

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I went to the library and got a book called Month to Month Gardening in Mississippi (or something like that)

I used it to make my own chart! Check your extension office (I just found out how to email mine and I have been worrying them to death. HAHA) They might have something they can email you.

Cassandra

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
If it is available from your garden or farmers' markets, or it's in supermarkets with a 'locally grown' sign on it, then it is in season now :)

If it says "product of Chile <or anywhere else>" it is probably not in season now or they wouldn't be shipping it from halfway round the world. (There are exceptions tho).

Any particular reason you want to know? It might help us suggest a particular source of info for you.

Hope this maybe helps a little,

Pat