It ain't quite done, but it sure is close...........

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
My new, home-built out of left-overs, chicken tractor!! I still have to put the rest of the wire on it, build a ladder for the pop door, and add the tires/axle for it yet, but it is ALMOST FINISHED!! :celebrate

358739199.jpg

358739186.jpg

358739191.jpg

358739188.jpg

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
That is awesome! What did you have all of the scraps that you used to make this left over from?

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
That is wonderful--way to go! That's got to be a great feeling to have built it all from leftovers, too.

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
PamsPride said:
That is awesome! What did you have all of the scraps that you used to make this left over from?
WE had a local Pier1 store close up, and I bought a bunch of NICE wooden shelving for only 72.00 ! After I built my pantry shelves first, I had a BUNCH of the 2' x 4' clear white pine shelves left over, plus a bunch of 2x4 bracing and uprights.
I had to purchase the wood I used for the bottom frame(pressure treated)the wood for the roof roof, the hinges and the fence wire to complete it. Everything else you see is leftover shelving. I even have enough left to build the wifey a bookcase for our cookbooks!! :lol:

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I love it. It looks a bit like our hutch/ coop project. I hope you don't mind if I show my dh. He will love it. You have some great ideas there. Are the overal dimensions 4 x 8? What did you use for roofing? g

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
TanksHill said:
I love it. It looks a bit like our hutch/ coop project. I hope you don't mind if I show my dh. He will love it. You have some great ideas there. Are the overal dimensions 4 x 8? What did you use for roofing? g
[url]http://www.sufficientself.com/forum/uploads/thumbs/333_img_0171_2.jpg[/url]
Yes the overall dimension is 4' x 8'. The roof is just 4x8 sheets of exterior grade Luan plywood, with two coats of primer and two coats of oil based paint. It should last at LEAST as long as the chickens do!! :lol: :lol: I plan on using the leftover Luan for a shade cover for the sides.......just in case we need it.