It NEVER fails

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
So we are in a heat wave 95 degrres over the last few days. My garden was looking very dry, veggies needing water badly. So I checked the forcast and there is a 50% chance of rain tomorrow and like 30% Monday but nothing forcast today. So I got out the hose and watered the plants that really needed water. After I was done I was drenched in sweat.

I came in the house to cool off before rolling up the hose. After about an hour or so I went to go roll up the hose and I hear thunder in the distance. I checked the forcast again and yep sure enough they changed the forcast. It's now 70% change of thunderstorms TODAY. I looked at the radar and yep sure enough it looks like we are going to get rain :)
Screenshot_2018-07-14-15-01-33.png

So if you want it to rain, just water the garden!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We have actually had rain lately. It was so dry here that if I had only known that trick...….

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
It didn't work for me! Even after I watered the lawn TWICE. No tap I can connect a hose to, so watering cans and several trips up the steps out there to get the job done. I was so happy to get up to rain this morning :) With that said, what usually seems to get the rain going for me is hanging a load of washing out and leaving the house to go somewhere.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Come water mine now, would you? ;)

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We've been freakishly hot and dry here as well. I shouldn't have to be watering every other day on this side of the Cascades.

The deer and elk are destroying my fruit trees. There's the big pond here and they grab a snack as they go for water. The pond is lower than normal, and the seasonal stream dried early this year. The year round stream isn't as big.

Hubby went saltwater salmon fishing Sunday out in the Pacific. It was horrible. Water is too warm.

I think the cats are doing rain dances even. It's just not working

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Hope we get some rain soon. The orchard sure could use it

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
the air is so dry and hot (and smoky from nearby wildfires) that even though the soil is moist and mulched, I lost 4 of my 5 cucumbers... they just shriveled up in the heat apparently.