It's gone very quiet over here...

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
No posts since yesterday? What are you all up to? :caf

I've been taking advantage of this gorgeous warm weather and did a load of laundry, went for a walk and cleaned the backyard in-between my usual daily doings. On days like today I really miss having a garden...

MoonShadows

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Had a few deliveries yesterday afternoon and this morning. Planted 180 cells of zinnias and corn flowers. Still have to do some Cosmos and a few others. Going outside now to replace the wood cover on the cesspool...fun job!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Well it's 33 degrees here and was snowing this morning. Really nothing interesting here, trying to stay warm and looking forward to warmer weather in the forecast this week!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I've been spending time trying to figure out a health issue. I literally :thwhen I stand up. Some days are worse than others. I have doctor appointments coming up so I've been logging everything I eat, drink, do, heart rate patterns etc. Time consuming.

DH and I ear tagged lambs, vaccinated sheep and lambs. Banded tails and wethered ram lambs. Then started spring cleaning in the barn! 68 degrees and sunny today. :love

DH is talking about tilling the garden. I'm ready for a nap!

Last edited:

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it's not a blood pressure drop, I had that checked last year. I get tachycardia when I stand up. My heart rate increases - as much as 90 bpm increase between lying down and standing! That's crazy! Probably why I'm so tired all the time! The symptoms aren't new - this has been going on for 13 years, but noticing the way my symptoms coincide with tachycardia (and standing) is a new observation. I'm hoping this new info will yield some answers!

MoonShadows

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Got all the wild raspberries and other prickly things cut around the cesspool. Took the old wood cover off without any rot falling in, put new planks across and then new pressure treated plywood. When we bought this house 22 years ago, the mortgage company almost didn't approve us because we did not have a concrete top on the old cesspool. We promised that would be the first thing we did. 22 years later, it still has a flimsy wood top. I am going to have it pumped out this spring...first time in 22 years. The building contractor that inspected our house before we bought it 22 years ago told us an old "grandfathered in" cesspool will outlast any septic system around. This one has to be over 100 years old if not older.

Lately, when I let the chickens out to free range, the hawks start gathering real fast, so we put a fence of about 50' x 25 feet outside the run where they can free range for now. It is protected by a lot of thorny bushes, so I don't think the hawk will have much of a chance. Not sure why we have so many hawks lately.

Dog dead tired!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Yup, labs this coming week, and with my primary the following week. Wondering where I might end up referred to. I'm betting endocrinology, cardiology, or neurology.