JC Penney "sale??"

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
on feb 1 JC Penney is cutting prices by 40% and changing their whole new way of pricing for their stores.

interesting.

They are doing 40% cuts, then having 'low cost sales at a holiday only on things like Val. Day, jewelry, Xmas, those items"

and then they are having 'best price' tags.

so they are having 'no more sales'

they are wondering if it will hurt the store. people saying, well there is no big sale at JC why shop. they are wondering if they follow the walmart type of pricing of 'lowest prices' without 'doing sales' will their business increase?

interesting read tho and concept to get away from the big old store blowout sales.

Biz have to adapt or die. so many biz are dying for you right now. I wonder if JC can hold on?

elijahboy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
i think its great.

jcp has alot better quality clothes than walmart by far.

jcp is where i buy LOTS of christmas toys.

moolie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I heard on the news the other day that JCP had hired a former Apple exec to revamp their entire system as they have been going downhill in sales lately, so this may be the result of that. We don't have JCP up here so it doesn't affect us, but I remembered the story because I thought it was an interesting pairing.

SSDreamin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I also read that they were going to do some sort of 'special pricing' (isn't that just another way of saying sale?!) on the first and third Friday of every month, and have what they are calling 'basic pricing' to clear out stock when season's change. It all sounds very interesting except there is only a catalog store up here. I wonder how that will work? Had a big JCP right down the road at the old house - wish they'd started this last year!