Junk Raiders?

Joel_BC

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I don't know how many people here watch TV. Hooray for you if you've opted out of that. ;) I watch a little... try to find decent, valuable shows sometimes.

I'm just wondering if others here have seen any of the episodes of Junk Raiders? It's been shown on one (maybe more) of the educational-TV channels. There's a team of about six skilled people who gather materials from local junk yards, dumpsters, and such - and they make interiors for buildings, plus various kinds of furnishings and devices (tables, furniture, motorized sliding doors). Repurposing of a major type.

Seen it?

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Haven't seen it but it sure sounds cool! What channel/network?

deb4o

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Haven't seen this either but then we downsized to just the local channels.
It sure sounds like something me and DH would love to see,
oh well, at least we are saving about 100.00 a month.

:welcome to the forum!

Joel_BC

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
Shows are often developed on one channel or network, then the rights to showing them are often bought by other channels/networks. I believe the show was developed by the Discovery Channel.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Joel_BC said:
Wannabefree said:
Shows are often developed on one channel or network, then the rights to showing them are often bought by other channels/networks. I believe the show was developed by the Discovery Channel.
Darn..I don't get that :( I'll look at the other channels too though to see if I can find it.

WdKelln

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
I discovered junk raiders on discovery too and it's a real hoot. I find that I'm inspred by watching others ideas for ways to reuse something. Up here in Canada our weather in the winter makes scavanging and SS a bit of a challenge and I do admit to still using my TV in the winter. I'm often inspired in a project by what I watch and my computer and kijiji do keep me looking:p

Joel_BC

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
WdKelln said:
I discovered junk raiders on discovery too and it's a real hoot. I find that I'm inspred by watching others ideas for ways to reuse something. Up here in Canada our weather in the winter makes scavanging and SS a bit of a challenge and I do admit to still using my TV in the winter. I'm often inspired in a project by what I watch and my computer and kijiji do keep me looking:p
Interesting that you mention Kijiji. I forgot to mention a couple of the other ways that the Junk Raider crew acquire the things they repurpose. One is Kijiji-type ads, probably using several similar on-line systems, that inform about stuff that's avaialble for free, or at cheap prices. Another is finding cast-away stuff in yards and alleys in industrial districts.

Joel_BC

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Okay, my friends! Junk Raiders' third season has just started. A reno project (bar/caf), with a cash budget of only $5000 - all the rest has to be salvage, junk, odds'n'ends. Initiall intent, at least, is to finish the project in four weeks.

Here in Canada, they're running each installment at least twice per week.... evenings, of course. The network or channel is the Discovery Channel. Like I mentioned before, the rights to running shows like this are often bought by other channels/networks, so keep an eye out on your regional educational-type channels.

Ideas, ideas.