Just excited

BrewCrew

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I consider myself a bit of a scavenger. I ride around and keep my eyes peeled. my wife jokes but she knows I am on the lookout and it makes me happy so no harm there. Well yesterday my vigilance paid off in spades. heading back to work after lunch and spotted a pile of lumber on the side of the road. Whipped into the driveway and asked the lady that owns the house what she was doing with the lumber. She says, 'Nothing I guess take it off if you like" Enough said, back to the pile and loaded in no time. What did I score you might ask, well I got 8 16 foot pine 2X4s No idea what they were doing there and do not care. Property owner said she didn't want them and that I could have them good enough. Made a set of saw horses today from a couple of the boards and still have loads of board left for other projects. Proud.

Bew

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Wow! What a score!! I am green with envy! There is so much you can do with lumber-especially FREE lumber! Way to go!!! :thumbsup

BrewCrew

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Thanks. I was pretty excited as well.

Brew

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
that's pretty nice find! I think we just lucked up as well. At hubbys work their is a "burn pile" of lumber, and he is going to ask about it. 8x8 beams and everything smaller you can imagine :D I HOPE they let him haul it off!!!

BrewCrew

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Nice. Hope it goes your way

Brew

nelson castro

Power Conserver
Reaction score
baymule said:
There is so much you can do with lumber-especially FREE lumber!
Couldn't agree more. Mind if you share some images of the projects. :D