Just out of curiousity

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
How does one prepare for martial law? Like if some guy declared a national emergency and then decided to make himself supreme dictator.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
But it's a very sobering question that I don't know how to answer. I should probably give it more thought instead of giving a flippant answer.

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I would think if martial law were declared, Id make sure to have as much ammo and food as possible. Im planning on getting some large storage tanks for water collection and have dozens of gallon jugs and 2 litres filled with water for cleaning or other uses.
If you have a way to hide anything where it cant be discovered or taken easily if found, like guns, ammo, long term food storage items, find a place to do it.
Guns can be hidden in pvc pipe either attached to existing pipe under the house making it look like part of the strucure, or you can bury it in the yard. Make sure to put stuff inside in a waterproof container and oil the gun good and seal in a plastic bag or something. Im sure you can find youtube videos on that.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I think it's important to be able to protect yourself, as well as having a means of hunting for your meat source. There will come a time when private ownership and use of guns is prohibited. This is a constitutional right. The very folks who are sworn to protect our rights are working to take that right away. Take the time NOW to arm yourself and your home.

But, seriously, how is a home owner going to stand against a military force? Not gonna happen, unless we mount a civil war of like minded individuals.

A follow up question: How long will the reader survive if access to bank accounts, gas stations, grocery stores is cut off? Utilities: electricity, LP, heating oil? Grain and pet food?

My bottom line: I will do what I can to protect. I am working towards self sufficiency with a chicken flock, garden, orchard, learning how to preserve food. But, ultimately, my faith is placed in God, regardless of outward circumstances.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We just sold the last of our registered firearms . Now none are tied to us on paper, so no one will come to collect knowing what's here (perfectly legal in NH, btw).

We have propane for heat currently but have multiple woodstoves in the shed so could make a heat source in an emergency situation. Plenty to hunt here, plenty of trees for firewood, we have chickens, pigs... biggest issue here is our short growing season.

I have spoken with enough military and police to know that neither will have full force if ordered to take our guns. We would never be up against the entire US military , a large number of them would take arms with us. No question. But it's not going to be a fun time if it ever comes to that .

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
How does one prepare for martial law?

Prepare to die. Once you've done that, then and only then can you live freely, no matter what threat comes from mankind. Once you are not afraid of dying, there's really nothing they can do to you that has any true affect on you.

Anything else is pretty futile and is much like rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

Latest posts