1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Official SS Poll: What do you do to eliminate bills / cut down expenses?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. 2017 BYC Calendars- ORDER NOW!
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  4. SS Featured Thread: Worm composting
    CLICK HERE!

Dismiss Notice
  5. SS Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!

Dismiss Notice

Kindling/Firewood Rack

Discussion in 'DIY - Do-It-Yourself Projects, Construction, Etc.' started by Euphoric Mania, Dec 20, 2015.

1. Dec 20, 2015
    Euphoric Mania

Euphoric Mania Power Conserver

It's nothing special, really brain dead simple actually, but it was the first online DIY project I've seen that I actually had all the stuff to "build". I actually don't have a fireplace or wood stove, but I do sometimes have uses for sticks, so I've been cutting up some bushes out back and saving the straighter, thicker limbs for the rack. Maybe I'll build a fire pit sometime, and use the wood for that. Until then, I have a (small) stock of wood for crafting. :)

I originally built it elsewhere in the garden, but I have since relocated it up against the back of the house, where it's more out of the way there.

More will be added as I prune the dog rose back.

DCam211215 002.jpg

2. Dec 21, 2015
    Britesea

Britesea Super Self-Sufficient

Very clever!

3. Dec 21, 2015
    Euphoric Mania

Euphoric Mania Power Conserver

Oh, I forgot to say what it was made of:

2 large breeze blocks and four three foot long pieces of lumber. Jam the boards into the holes and there you have it.

4. Dec 21, 2015
    rhoda_bruce

rhoda_bruce Almost Self-Reliant

I saw a rack for kindling made out of masonry blocks, but when I tried to put it together, I didn't get enough of an angle. I'd have to see if I can find something else I can use, because I do have 2 wood burning stoves, to keep my house warm and I am making an outdoor oven to keep my house cooler in the summer, so I can use something to keep my kindling racked, as well as the firewood.