Knit/Crochet Winter Wear - share your pics

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I looked at fall/winter fashion trends and decided to knit a scarf. Knits are in, stripes are in, colorblock is in, mismatch is in, bright colors (especially lime) is in. Fun! I checked my yarn stash and found vintage virgin wool yarn in a couple greens, and I have a random bright pink merino wool to that will be perfect for finishing the edges. My coats are grey or turquoise, so it will be a fun contrast. And then I'll put it in a box and leave it for 30 years until it's back in style. :lol:

I haven't knit for a couple years because it's so time consuming, but I hope to find enough free time on the go. When I take DS6 to library storytime or violin lessons. During dentist appointments, etc. I can knit without looking, unless I make a mistake. I put this project on a circular needle to make it more portable.

Pics to come!

Please share your projects and progress pics!

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score

Attachments

• received_366594897539021.jpeg
    received_366594897539021.jpeg
    126.4 KB · Views: 198

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Thanks @tortoise ! I will probably not make many sweaters for the kids because they take so long and kids grow so fast! My friend is a sheep farmer/fiber arts teacher and she’s teaching me everything, and suggested I start with a toddler sized sweater. I ripped it out and started over a few times but it’s going great now.

my favorite new obsession is spinning though
95309C32-6E7B-4F39-A858-16993C5104C8.jpeg

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm so fascinated by all this. You go from sheep to wool to yarn to clothing. How cool is that! Maybe I should get some Angora goats or some Pygoras? Oh heck no, lol. What was I thinking?
Angora goats are not super hardy, but pygoras… do it! 🤣 I’m spinning from roving currently so this yarn made a pit stop at the mill for washing/carding but I do plan to do at least one fleece the whole way through this year. It’ll be from Miss Ivy😍

All my pics of Ivy have my kids hugging her so this is the best pic I have without showing my kids’ faces online 🤣E047C90F-C2DE-4223-89F3-5748ABCC3838.jpeg

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
the two scarfs i use when i'm out in the very cold. extra thick layers of knitting so that the cold air i breath in is warmed by the heat of what i breath out. the black one fits inside the purple one.

on the not so cold days i just wear the black one.

[later edits added:] i forgot to mention that these were custom measured around my head and also how high so they would just fit over my nose, or at least the black one was and then i said to make the purple one the same height as the black one but you can see that Mom went a bit too far so i have to fold it on the bottom or it will be up too high on my face... haha!

so nice to not have to deal with scarf ends. that's the thing i was really after i was always not having them stay put or the scarf coming loose so i asked Mom to make these and they're great. :) and for some things dangling scarfs can be dangerous so i think they can be a help to some people who have to deal with those sorts of concerns.

DSC_20220125_163407-0500_1276_Scarfs_thm.jpg

Last edited: