Kodak PIXPRO AZ528

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My honey got me a camera. It seems like a good one. Kind of cool with the PIXPRO app I can connect to it with my Android and control it the same as if I had the camera in my hand.

Just started playing around with it and shot this picture of the sunset break in the clouds and zoomed in. I didn't even see the birds flying with my eyes but I guess they were there, just off in the distance.

100_0013~2.jpg

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
The sunset haze is from the western fires. Nothing is wrong with the sun.

This map is about two weeks old.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm so glad to see fat ole sun back in all it's glory 👍 That must have been some huge fires out west, to turn the sun into a red ball like that. But it looks like the smoke has cleared and we are back to amazingly wonderful spectacular beautiful sunsets again :)

Here's a few cell phone pictures from this evening (17 Sep 2021)

Clear skies, a few clouds sunset
Screenshot_20210917-201504~2.png

Clear skies, late evening sunset. Sky's so clear you can clearly see venus in the west/southwest.
Screenshot_20210917-201444~2.png

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm bound and determined to figure this camera out... I shot this picture of the moon this evening, in manual mode at 218X zoom, yes that's 218X zoom.

Auto mode goes to 55x zoom and over but anything over 55X zoom in auto.mode, it seems like it has a hard time auto focusing focusing. But while in manual mode, that's where this camera starts getting very interesting.

This is my first pretty good picture of the moon and it was glowing orange at the time. Now where's the American Flag 🤔

100_0079~2.jpg

Last edited:

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
The moon is not evenly weighted - the heavy side of the moon always faces the earth due to gravity.
I finally got time to research this question.

According to NASA, our earth is moving through the Galaxy at 62,000 mph (that's 4 times the speed of a bullet). And at the same time rotating, spinning on it's Axis at over 1,000 mph. The Moon is approximately a quarter of a million miles away (240.000 miles) and orbiting the Earth at a speed of 2,288 mph (3 times faster than a bullet).

And yet every picture I've taken of the moon, at different evenings and times always shows the same face of the moon? Wow, just wow 😲... How is a simplton guy like me supposed to wrap his head around something like that? It's no wonder I can never trow a ball into those silly cylinders at the country fair 😂

I thought you would enjoy this picture of the sunset, I took yesterday from my front porch. The sun was dim (obscured) yesterday evening. For the first time in my life. I actually looked at it and snapped this cell phone picture. In the past I waited until it was low enough in the horizon to get a good picture, because it was so bright and blinded me.
IMG_20210801_193443761_HDR~4.jpg

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Last edited:

Latest posts