Ladies....help me out on this one UPDATE

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Low carb is very hard on the adrenals, hence the reason weight is gained easily when carbs are added back in
Sorry, that is not correct. By the time most go low carb, their adrenals are already shot. The reason you can start regaining is because of the damage caused to your pancreas, insulin resistance, leptin resistance etc...

Low carb doesn't cause the damage. It does stop further damage and allows you to improve your health, lose weight, normalize blood pressure, etc... and allows many to NOT rely on medication for metabolic syndrome related issues.

However, you can't always reverse all system damages caused by excess carbohydrate intake for the years and years before someone finally decides to go low carb.

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Wifezilla said:
Low carb is very hard on the adrenals, hence the reason weight is gained easily when carbs are added back in
Sorry, that is not correct. By the time most go low carb, their adrenals are already shot. The reason you can start regaining is because of the damage caused to your pancreas, insulin resistance, leptin resistance etc...

Low carb doesn't cause the damage. It does stop further damage and allows you to improve your health, lose weight, normalize blood pressure, etc... and allows many to NOT rely on medication for metabolic syndrome related issues.

However, you can't always reverse all system damages caused by excess carbohydrate intake for the years and years before someone finally decides to go low carb.
Just to throw out there....I did a stint of pretty low carb for a few months to help me shed a last 4 or so pounds that I was looking to get rid of, plus I just wanted to test myself.

For the last 5 mos I have increased my carb intake with a 1-2lb gain that has stayed consistent. I vary between a 1-2 increase over what I was when really low carb . I occasionally eat GF treats, random pieces of candy (thank you Great Pumpkin!),ice cream, the occasional potato, sour dough, etc. No weight gain here.

Where I was when I was doing the really low carb was too much effort and I am ok with the swap of 'lightening up' and the 2 pound increase.