Laundry tip

Janet&Jim

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Don't know if this fits here.
My son is in the motor pool in the ARMY. He just told me that to get thier greasy grimy clothes clean they dump a can of coke in the washer. Says that it makes them "inspection clean".

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
My husband has a pair of work coveralls that I can never get the hydraulic grease out of...I am definitely going to have to try that...and to think I just gave away a whole csae of diet coke cause nobody here drinks it :he

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
That's interesting.....and a little scarey. :p
Not scary for me, I don't drink soft drinks...just wine...you know the old saying..."Wine a little, you'll feel better"

Haha!... so tonite I open a bottle of wine. Wanna share it with me?

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Ooooooo....tempting....but NO! :rolleyes:

The first time I ever drank, I got drunk on Tickled Pink! :p :lol: Nasty cheap wine resulting in incredible nausea that was unrelieved even though I worshipped at the porcelain throne all night!

Now I just can't stand the taste of most alcohol, especially wine. I do, however, use red wine vinegar on my salads...does that count? :)

I don't drink pop either.... value my alimentary canal too much for that! :D

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I'm not a big drinker either...a couple glasses and I'm ready for bed, but I do enjoy those two glasses sometimes:>)
I'm not a big fan of red wine vinegar though...

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Janet&Jim

Thanks so much for the tip. I will be trying this.....when making soaps I get essential oils on T-shirts and such and that stuff doesn't come out.....Tony's tractor work is nasty also.

So definitely trying this and fingers crossed for me to get those spotted up clothes clean!

That is why I like this forum....tips I never heard of and "inspection clean"--what more could I want..HA HA

:)

chicknwhisperer

Power Conserver
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
Janet&Jim

Thanks so much for the tip. I will be trying this.....when making soaps I get essential oils on T-shirts and such and that stuff doesn't come out.....Tony's tractor work is nasty also.

So definitely trying this and fingers crossed for me to get those spotted up clothes clean!

That is why I like this forum....tips I never heard of and "inspection clean"--what more could I want..HA HA

:)
Where do you buy your essential ois? I have been looking at the hobby stores but I can't find them there. I did find some oil in the candle making section, I think it may have said essential oil but not sure. Would it be safe to try if it is something found in the candle section?

attack-cat

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip! Dh came home covered in disesel fuel and I washed his clothes 8 times but they still smelled so I left them sit ou t for two months and I washed the shirt gains yesterday. Its fine. The pants will get washed today if they pass the sniff test!

the simple life

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing that tip!
I am going to try that.
Karen I can't find essential oils either. Not the kind needed for soap making or for adding to the laundry.
I find oils that are meant to make the house smell good, that I guess you heat up or whatever but not the right kind.