Lazy Homesteader Peach Butter

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
I guess I should post my recipe since lots of folks seem to be trying it.

Lazy Homesteader Peach Butter

Peaches (or other likely fruit) peeled and pitted - can be frozen fresh or canned
Crock pot
Sugar or honey (optional)
lemon juice?
Cinnamon, nutmeg or ginger (optional)

------

- Put peaches in a crock pot on lowest setting and cover with a steam permeable cover like a metal screen lid. (I use a fry pan spatter lid) Some lemon juice can be added if you wish but I usually don't bother.

- Allow the fruit to cook low and slow until it thickens and caramelizes stirring often. The mixture should be spreadably thick!

- Add sugar or honey to taste or just eat it plain if you prefer.

- Add some spice like cinnamon, nutmeg or ginger (which works especially well with pears) if you like it.

- Stir well

--------------

Ready to eat!

OR process in sterilized jars filled to within 1/2 inch from the top in a water bath canner for 15 minutes. Makes a great gift!

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
It was delicious!

Oops, forgot to peel the plums, but it didn't matter in the end.

Today I am going to do cherries, wait, will that work?

(Typos!!:rolleyes:)

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
Go for it!

I only peel fruits with very thick skins or fuzzy peaches!

Truly a LAZY Homesteader! :lol:

Ldychef2k

Survival Chef
Reaction score
Sorry to have taken credit earlier for your peach butter. I hadn't seen your post, and had posted about it myself. Apologies.

Kris

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
No worries! I suppose there have been people making peach butter for years! :drool

I just posted mine because anytime we give a recipe on our journal threads we are supposed to post it!

Really it is NOT much of a recipe - add sugar if you want... add spice if you want... use peaches if you want... :p

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
I got a recipe from Catalina for bananna butter...making it right now! Same concept....EASY and my kitchen smells great! Can't wait for some nice sourdough to be made to go along with my new "butters"!

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Farmfresh said:
No worries! I suppose there have been people making peach butter for years! :drool

I just posted mine because anytime we give a recipe on our journal threads we are supposed to post it!

Really it is NOT much of a recipe - add sugar if you want... add spice if you want... use peaches if you want... :p
:gig
My fave type of recipe!

Sounds yummy :)

nightshade

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
this sounds super easy I would try it if hubby ever left me any peaches to do anything with. :/

Latest posts