LED Christmas Light FRUSTRATION

lupinfarm

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Well, we bought 2 sets of LED fairy lights from NOMA the other week, and one cracked in the cold, even though they're the indoor/outdoor ones, well get this... THEY ARE NON-REPLACEABLE BULBS, these things cost a FORTUNE to buy, and hence I will never be buying LED lights again :) I am LESS than impressed with these, that I will be writing to NOMA to see about either getting a free set or my money back. This is UNACCEPTABLE.

Would like to say, it wouldn't matter so much if just the bulb went out, but that end of the lights flickers, and then the whole thing goes out, even the ones that aren't damaged.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
wow I didn't know if one bulb goes, then the set is dead....and no replacements?
HUH
that is expensive to boot! :(
sorry for you. isn't it bad when ya just get shafted! I know, I have been shafted a few many times..LOL

I was going to get LED lights this year but not going to....I put up my old lights which are perfect and I just can't trash them...so it will be a while before I convert.

sorry for your troubles. YOU GO AFTER getting a refund or a new set...!! Have a smack down with them..HA HA

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Return them--they are defective. That is a bummer though. I hate buying something and having to return it--esp since we live in the country.

lupinfarm

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
miss_thenorth said:
Return them--they are defective. That is a bummer though. I hate buying something and having to return it--esp since we live in the country.
I can't find the receipt :( and they're from Canadian Tire, who won't take them back. We bought two sets at the same time, the other set is fine, it's the second set that's broken, so I'm going to be contacting the company, I wouldn't even mind if I could replace the bulbs, but they're non-replaceable, so if you had them one season and broke a bulb you'd be screwed, and that's just ridiculous. Why would people buy these, when they can replace the bulbs on their regular lights?

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Canadian Tire should exchange them for another of the same even without the receipt. Then again alot of things have changed in retail recently...

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
I just bought some LED lights I am not sure the brand. The bulbs are replaceable and the light set has a 3 year warranty.

I think the brand you bought is just wrong.

enjoy the ride

Sufficient Life
Reaction score
I suppose that if you are really stuck with them, which would be pretty bad customer service, you could cut out the bad bulb and splice the wites together. That should be easy and safe.

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
I mentioned this to DH and he just shook his and said "yep, they are no good now." I had no idea that they were so touchy! Thanks for the heads up and info.
If I do buy some I will have to check the box to be sure that they can be replaced or not buy them. I let the kids help my put the lights up and they can be hard on stuff sometimes.

lupinfarm

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Farmfresh said:
I just bought some LED lights I am not sure the brand. The bulbs are replaceable and the light set has a 3 year warranty.

I think the brand you bought is just wrong.
Ours are NOMA, they're the fairy light ones because we've always preferred the smaller bulbs, I think their super huge ones are replaceable, but NOMA is pretty much the biggest brand here, and it's hard to find other brands unless you scour the stores.

sylvie

Recycled Spunk
Reaction score
I bought 2 LED strings and the replacement bulbs. The stupid replacements were the wrong size, although the store had them placed together as the correct ones. The first year was good, the second I had one burn out and that was when I discovered the mismatch. Way too late to return the 3 packages of replacements. So even if they are replaceable double check they are the exact ones that you need.
I guess now I'll look for a string that takes the size of spare bulbs that I am stuck with. :barnie