Lights Out Last Night?

Mackay

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Last night was world wide Earth Hour where people, cities and nations were encouraged to turn out their lights for one hour at 8:30 pm around the planet. Many cities in Europe did it. We did it at our house, but not one neighbor.

Anyone else? even hear about it? It was on CNN.

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
We don't have tv - and I didn't see it on the internet. That said, we went to bed early last night - so all our inside lights were out at 8:30! :D

ETA: We are in rural area, and everyone keeps their security lights on at night.

Tallman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
We had 2 inches of rain yesterday, and 4 inches of snow after that with about 40 mph winds. Our electricity went out about 5 P.M. and didn't come on again until midnight or so. Does that count? :th

nightshade

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I seen it online, we joined in. But I must admit that we worked all day at the new farm clearing out a hole in a stone row that was too narrow for the driveway, cutting up dropped trees, staking firewood and burning brush. So by the time earth hour was on we had just gotten out of the shower and the bed looked really inviting. :caf

gettinaclue

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
We observe this on Earth day, which is DD birthday.

This year she has requested an Earth cake along with all activities Save The Earth related.

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
Nope.....not us. I don't buy into all that crap. If my race car was all put together I'da prolly left it IDLE all night as a protest. :th :plbb :plbb

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
SKR8PN said:
Nope.....not us. I don't buy into all that crap. If my race car was all put together I'da prolly left it IDLE all night as a protest. :th :plbb :plbb
:ep

Like going against the flow much? :p

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
SKR8PN said:
OK, you made me spit water all over my keyboard, I have to say, love the attitude:>)

inchworm

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
SKR8PN - Had to laugh. My husband always says he's going to drive our beat up suburban around on Earth Day and toss used oil bottles out the window. Of course, we don't, but people always seem so shocked. We aren't much into symbolism. Either you do it for real or you don't, as I see it.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I never heard anything about it. Had a fundraiser last night. 125 people, gambling tables, for fun and prizes of course, and lots of schmoozing. I could not do that in the dark. Well maybe. :D