Liquid Diets

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I'm on the least SS diet ever. 🙈 I'm curious if anyone has any ideas to make it lower cost or SS.

My criteria are:
Very low fat - <30g per day, <10g per meal
Low/no insoluble fiber
Gluten free
High protein
No added sugar
Cooked/canned/pulverized/liquid
Nutrient dense (vitamins)
Small meals - 1 cup volume or less

I'm living on whey protein shakes, hydrolyzed collagen protein powder, electrolyte drinks, and bananas. And an occasional snack, but those are messing up my GI so I gotta quit those.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
gotta have fiber... i don't understand the "low/no insoluble fiber" part?

can you put a few cooked beans and peas in things and gradually adjust to more to see if that works? they should be relatively inexpensive and meet your other criteria.

i think fresh beans or pea pods cooked should also work well once blenderized.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
gotta have fiber... i don't understand the "low/no insoluble fiber" part?

can you put a few cooked beans and peas in things and gradually adjust to more to see if that works? they should be relatively inexpensive and meet our other criteria.

i think fresh beans or pea pods cooked should also work well once blenderized.
I have EPI - insoluble fiber inhibits pancreas enzyme secretion. I suspect I have gastroparesis too (testing for it next week). Fibrous foods can cause a bezoar in the stomach. But it looks like small amounts of fat-free refried beans might be okay. I have a year's worth of dry beans stocked. 🤦

TheFatBlueCat

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Gosh that sounds unpleasant. I hope you get some answers and a pathway forward. Can you eat pumpkin soup? Or do pumpkins have too much fibre? By pumpkin I mean winter squash, we call all winter squash pumpkins, unless it's a butternut and then we can it butternut squash... words are weird. What about eggs? You could blend raw egg and let it cook in with other mashed foods like the beans.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Gosh that sounds unpleasant. I hope you get some answers and a pathway forward. Can you eat pumpkin soup? Or do pumpkins have too much fibre? By pumpkin I mean winter squash, we call all winter squash pumpkins, unless it's a butternut and then we can it butternut squash... words are weird. What about eggs? You could blend raw egg and let it cook in with other mashed foods like the beans.
Pumpkin soup should be okay because it's cooked and pureed. I haven't tried it yet.

I'm not sure about eggs. They were too much fat before I started pancreatic enzyme replacement. The white should be fine. I didn't think of blending egg into other foods! 🤔 that sounds interesting/promising!

I have plain potato flakes (no oils or flavors added) and mixed them with double the milk. Skim milk! That went down okay! When I run out of flakes I can try cooking potatoes

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Pumpkin soup should be okay because it's cooked and pureed. I haven't tried it yet.

I'm not sure about eggs. They were too much fat before I started pancreatic enzyme replacement. The white should be fine. I didn't think of blending egg into other foods! 🤔 that sounds interesting/promising!

or you can find out what the right ratio is for them like perhaps one egg yolk to four egg whites? they have so much nutrition it would be a shame if you could not enjoy or use them at all.