Listerine

ThrottleJockey

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is where this belongs, but I wanted to put it out there. Listerine, yes the antiseptic mouthwash is great for repelling insects! Put it in a spray bottle and spritz your clothes to keep mosquitos at bay and even spray around a picnic area or campsite. It does wear off sort of quickly but is easy to reapply and really cheap. Just another use for the stuff....I try to keep a bunch in my preps for various uses.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Nice tip TJ! I can't use the stuff with deet, that crap makes me nauseous once my skin begins to absorb it :sick This is a GREAT alternative! :D

ThrottleJockey

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
Nice tip TJ! I can't use the stuff with deet, that crap makes me nauseous once my skin begins to absorb it :sick This is a GREAT alternative! :D
It keeps spiders away too! Way cheaper than Avon Skin so Soft if you can even buy that stuff any more.

Justme

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Gold origional kind only. Not the newer 'flavored' blue or green ones. It does help but keep the bottle handy cause it does need to be reapplied.

tdbarani

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Wow, cool tip! I've never heard this one. I'll have to try it. Mosquitoes are horrible in our neck of the woods!

Tammy