Livestock boredom buster ideas and questions! Post them here!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
If my animals get bored they have to get over it themselves! I see no boredoms.

All have pasturemates. Barns. Water. Feed. Grass.

When I had active show horses they had daily activity training. Riding animals got plenty of time on trails. Breeding, hoof trims, baths and grooming kept all happy and busy.

Chickens are busy scratching up bugs, taking dust baths, laying eggs.

Goats always like to graze and lay to chew cud. Those with kids at side are busy. Those I milk are waiting for that to be fed again. There's regular care of hooves, etc for them.

No one is bored here. We are all working. It's a farm. There are things to do.

WHY do you think they are bored???????

MistyWeeg13

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I mostly like toys and busters of when we have to leave a horse behind when we can tired it that day, or when the coop get snowed in in the winter months, and the chickens are coop bound. I feel lie kit might be nice for them. ☺

MistyWeeg13

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
All have pasturemates. Barns. Water. Feed. Grass.

When I had active show horses they had daily activity training. Riding animals got plenty of time on trails. Breeding, hoof trims, baths and grooming kept all happy and busy.

Chickens are busy scratching up bugs, taking dust baths, laying eggs.

Goats always like to graze and lay to chew cud. Those with kids at side are busy. Those I milk are waiting for that to be fed again. There's regular care of hooves, etc for them.

No one is bored here. We are all working. It's a farm. There are things to do.
All of our horse get out almost everyday, but we have 2, another friend has 1, and another friend has 2, me and my family ride our 2 almost everyday, but the friend with 2 can only ride 1 of hers every other ride. So, when we leave the 1 behind by himself, I like to give him something to do. He seems to like it! I get your point through! 😊

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
A Rottweiler always makes things interesting..
IMG_20201029_004436158~2.jpg

MistyWeeg13

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
A Rottweiler always makes things interesting..
View attachment 14854
OMGoodness! He is so cute! We have a yellow labrador, Comet, and we love him! He likes to play with the goats! He tries to play with the fainting goat, and the fitting goat likes to threaten to ram him, but he doesn't, because he is to afraid! So that is the goats boredom buster! Lol!

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
OMGoodness! He is so cute! We have a yellow labrador, Comet, and we love him! He likes to play with the goats! He tries to play with the fainting goat, and the fitting goat likes to threaten to ram him, but he doesn't, because he is to afraid! So that is the goats boredom buster! Lol!
That's my wife's dog and he's a hot mess. She's got him spoiled rotten.

Latest posts