logging in problems

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
For the past week whenever I try to log on, the screen goes to redirecting, and then tells me I am not logged on. As a result it is taking two attempts to get logged in.

Anyone else experiencing this? It is only happening with the SS site, not BYC (for me, anyway).

Any ideas?

Thanks!

-kjm

old fashioned

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I usually don't log out from each site visit-too lazy I guess. But today when going online I had problems with my IP not being found, so I tried to delete cache & cookies but the window closed before it was complete. I just hope this thing isn't going to crash, can't afford a new puter and hate getting used ones.

sufficientforme

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I have internet that is always on, I usually never log out but everyday for the last week or so when I try to come back to this site I am not logged in and it does not work the first time, it takes two or three tries before working.

old fashioned

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Keljonma-strange you should ask this, I've been having problems all day with my puter even after my earlier post.

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
miss_thenorth said:
I've had that happen before, I think I had to clear out my cookies.
MTN, Good thought. However, I am on a public library computer. The cookies are automatically cleared out after every user has used up their 30 minutes of internet addiction time..... :)

Today I had the same problem... had to log in twice to actually be logged in.... :/

Nifty

Super Self-Sufficient
Administrator
Reaction score
The login is about 100% dictated by the browser cookies, so even thought the library deleted them after each session I'd do it anyway.

If that still doesn't work, my only thought is to try a different computer or a different browser.

Good luck!

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
Nifty said:
The login is about 100% dictated by the browser cookies, so even thought the library deleted them after each session I'd do it anyway.

If that still doesn't work, my only thought is to try a different computer or a different browser.

Good luck!
I have tried Mozilla and MS Internet Explorer. And there are 10 computers here at the library and I have experienced the same problem on all 10. I had the reference librarian try to remove cookies at a new session. He said that there was nothing to delete (for SS)

The log-on is a recent problem (within the past 2 wks now) and it happened again today. As I mentioned earlier, I am not having this problem logging into BYC on the same computer during the same sessions....