Looking for Quinoa Seeds !!!!

Pirtykitty

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Does anyone have any Quinoa seeds that I can buy or trade other seeds for ???? I live in Central Texas so would like to get a good variety for here...
I can trad Heirloom tomato seeds.

Mattemma

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I don't have them anymore,but wanted to recommend Bountiful Gardens or Seed of Change.I have bought from both and got decent results.

Pirtykitty

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Thank you I had for got about seeds of change and thanks for the other one too.

Corn Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
You can try Baker Creek they have quinoa and the shipping is very fair I paid $3.75 for a $80.00+ order.

Niele da Kine

Power Conserver
Reaction score
You could also try at your local health food store that has stuff in bulk bins. Frequently they will have several types of quinoa there and the seeds should sprout. I've had more luck sprouting beans from the health food store than seed beans bought from the seed stores.

AhyokaAcres

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Is it possible to sprout store-bought quinoa between paper towels like you can with corn and other seeds?

FranklinStreetWest

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Did you ever get your quinoa? I trade for pounds of food grade quinoa from a certified OG farmer locally.... If you're still looking, I could do a germination test and perhaps we could trade.

Pirtykitty

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I found someone on ebay that had red quinoa seeds and ordered some from them... what color of it can you get???? Thank you
Is the red a good variety... I think I read some where that the white was better???

I'd love to trade what are you needing/

Maschil

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Niele da Kine said:
You could also try at your local health food store that has stuff in bulk bins. Frequently they will have several types of quinoa there and the seeds should sprout. I've had more luck sprouting beans from the health food store than seed beans bought from the seed stores.
sadly i have ot agree with you.!!!!!!! lol i actually started doing this becuase i can get a much larger selection at health food stores... for example i found red lentils, green lentils and yellow lentils!i cant wait to plant next year

Maschil

Power Conserver
Reaction score
AhyokaAcres said:
Is it possible to sprout store-bought quinoa between paper towels like you can with corn and other seeds?
should be.... thats what i do with all my seeds now... ive had radish seeds sprout in a day! lol... speeds up my planting time as well... dont have to thin anymore.... except for beets...

Latest posts