Louisiana/East-Texas people here?

Joel_BC

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
:idunno Sorry... heh, heh... I'm posting in the Fun section, cause I just thought it might get some attention in here.

We've got some Louisiana members, right? Well, okay about five or six days ago, some Louisiana people saw a large glowing something in the sky and it came down and there was a huge explosion, apparently at the Minden, LA military site (not to far from the Texas border). It did damage on the ground. The concussion was felt some 50 miles away. An object was tracked on radar scans of the area. Some people who happened to see it in the sky as it was coming down thought it was a meteor. Some thought it might be a missile, aimed for some reason (by whom?) into the military base.

Anybody know anything about how the story has unfolded, and what the thing was?

Joel_BC

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Dawn419 said:
Thanks for posting this, Joel! Hadn't heard about this, so I did a search (through Swagbucks) and landed a 39 sb search! :hugs

La. sinkhole methane caused Minden explosions is possibility physicists say
Hey, Dawn! Well, I suppose this is the explanation.

But it doesn't fit all the "facts" from my first source: There's a guy on Youtube (calls himself bctruck) who posts a lot of handyman, tinkerer, workshop vids that I catch up on from time to time. He lives there outside of Minden, and he posted a vid about the incident and said that eywitnesses saw a green ball of light just before the impact & explosion. The object was moving toward the ground, rather than up into the sky from the ground:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsh06LlP9A8

I watched another vid, and someone showed radar scans that showed an object approaching the area from a little ways east.

I don't usually follow or pick up on these sorts of stories, but because bctruck posted his comments, I got curious.

Dawn419

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Just watched the video that you posted a link to and it just gets curioser and curioser... :hu

Doc was home today (last of his 3 days off) so I'm looking more into this out of curiosity...

Joel_BC

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Hi, Dawn. Louisiana is the state just below yours, right? But I imagine your location is fairly distant from Minden... and that you wouldn't have felt that explosion or seen smoke from it.

Dawn419

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score

rhoda_bruce

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I'm from the other side of LA, but I didn't hear anything.....but what a story. I'm gonna ask my know it all DH. I never watch the news or anything. Too depressing. I live in a fantasy world where everything is beautiful.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
rhoda_bruce said:
I'm from the other side of LA, but I didn't hear anything.....but what a story. I'm gonna ask my know it all DH. I never watch the news or anything. Too depressing. I live in a fantasy world where everything is beautiful.
I think I've seen you there. :lol: I don't watch the news either. You're right about it being depressing.