Lunar Planting

Lovechooks

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Anyone plant their vegies via the moons cycle?

I do and have all the dates for this month as to what to plant in which cycle, of course it's all useless to you guys as your all opposite to us!

But I did find my vegies took off when I planted at the right time according to moon guidelines. I think it's to do with the plants get more lights at a certain time? Not sure but it seems to work well!

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
I have my lunar planting guide. I try to follow it as well as I can. I keep it by my bedside so I can glance at it before bed, and plan for the next morning.

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I tried, but it's so frustrating, when I could plant this or that the cycle was wrong - it's a lot of coordination. I'm winging it :)

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
I have heard about planting that way, but I have never attempted it. How does one find the dates?

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
My neighbor swears by it. I had never heard of doing such a thing until he said just a few days ago when he told us when to plant the potatoes he gave us.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Dace said:
I have heard about planting that way, but I have never attempted it. How does one find the dates?
Our local "Fred Meyer" supermarket sells the little books near the farmer's almanacs. They run about $1.99. I like it because when I needed to purne the hydrangas it gave me many different dates to get it done. It wasn't a "Woops you missed out on the big important day to prune those!" I tr to follow it as well as possible, but then I get impulsive and just get stuff done. Either way, my garden and trees etc are VERY happy.

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
I already have a hard enough time getting anything done. If I had to schedule it with the moon . . . it just wouldn't happen. :p

Lovechooks

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I just googled it and eventually found an Australian SS Blog that listed the dates, I copied a few pages from different sites and work it out myself each month then check with this guys blog to check I am right.

They did an experiment on a garden show here and planted at the wrong time/moon time and the moon time plants were so much healthier than the others, it only differred by about a week.

I was not such a green thumb in the vegie patch but since I have been following this guide, it's been growing really well.

Latest posts