Made my very first batch of Homemade Butter!

angie68

Power Conserver
Reaction score
It was really good too! I'm so amazed at how simple things can be if you know how to do it.

I used the heavy cream skimmed off of cow's milk , put it in a jar and shook. I then took the liquid off and saved it to cook with and took the butter ball out and added some salt, then rinsed under cold water.

We are having homemade sourdough bread and homemade butter tomorrow with our meal, I can't wait!:p

k0xxx

Mr. Sunshine
Reaction score
You can't beat fresh butter on fresh baked bread!

We made butter that way with my niece and nephew (ages 5 and 6). They were amazed. They had no idea how butter was made, and it was an eye opener for them. Every time they come over they ask to make butter.

The last time, we didn't have any fresh cream and had to use whipping cream from the store. They informed me that I should have planned ahead, since I knew that they were coming. :eek:

Acre of Blessings

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I can't wait to get our milk cow. Hubby told me if I would part with the goats that we could have a cow. Anybody interested in a dad, mom, and baby? (goats) :)

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
Acre of Blessings said:
I can't wait to get our milk cow. Hubby told me if I would part with the goats that we could have a cow. Anybody interested in a dad, mom, and baby? (goats) :)
What kind of goats are they? I would love to get some goats but, I am looking for a milking goat.

Sebrightmom

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Congratulations on the fresh butter!!! I have been wanting to make some also, but I only have one goat that I am milking right now. It would take forever to collect enough for butter. I can't wait until I can make my own.

Latest posts