Making do with what you have on hand...

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
So I have a few items in the fridge that really need to be cooked/eaten so they aren't wasted but they're kind of mismatched and I dunno what to do with them....spicy sausage, baby spinach, cucumbers, tomato, and sliced mushrooms...what do you do with that?!?! I don't want pizza, was thinking maybe a stir fry of some sort? Or something sausage-y with a salad? I need ideas lol

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Pizza was the first thing that came to mind here, then I got to the "No" part… Pasta? Add an onion and slice up, chop up everything (except the cucumber) and fry it up. Serve with grated cheese over pasta. The cukes can be a salad on the side.

I do dry-ish pasta dishes like that all the time, it's actually quite nice!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
I have in my fridge and kitchen: one mini pizza base, ready to cook (and a bunch of frozen ones), tomatoes, wonderful cheese, garlic, onions, lots of bacon, mushrooms I really need to eat SOON…

I chopped up some tomatoes, cucumber, emptied half a tin of tuna over it and finished it off with salad dressing. In my case it's too darn lazy to cook pizza :p

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
We have pizza 3-4 times a week lol! I LOVE pizza, but wanna shake it up a bit tonight, otherwise....all this would go on pizza...except the cukes! I think I'm gonna do a pasta salad/sautéed veggies dish because I have some spinach stuffed tortellini that would go well with mushroom onion and baby spinach...and add the sausage in with that. We will either love it or the dog shall eat well tomorrow lol