Making quick work tables

Joel_BC

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I thought this was worth posting for people wanting to build a sturdy workbench quickly and easily. I haven't seen one in person, but the principle looks good - the brackets look like they'd make for a real sturdy frame.
4407_work_table_brackets.jpg

I'm impressed by how quickly the pieces can be put together, due to the brackets. You don't need to make any sort pre-drilled or complicated corner joints. It seems to me that cutting out the frame parts plus the plywood top and shelf, and then assembling, could be done in a hour or two.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMTTNm7sM08

okra

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Looks like a possible future project

trip

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
For years I have been recycling old doors for table tops I add a sheet of ply to the wooden ones to stiffen them up. I have an old metal. School door I use for welding. You can easily fabricate legs for them or use a set of sawhorses.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
That looks like a good sturdy framework. I bet it'd be really nice with some of our Amish cut wood. ACTUAL 2 inch by 4 inch studs :D I love my Amish saw mill!! :lol:

Joel_BC

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
That looks like a good sturdy framework. I bet it'd be really nice with some of our Amish cut wood. ACTUAL 2 inch by 4 inch studs :D I love my Amish saw mill!! :lol:
Sounds pretty cool, Wannabe. I'll have to do a Google Images search to see if I can find out what your sawmill looks like.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
It's just off Hwy 142 in Stantonville TN, can't remember the name of the little side road. Should be able to find it on Google Earth that way :) I love it there, they custom cut anything I ask them to, and all their wood is hardwood. I got some beautiful Cypress picnic tables there!

nelson castro

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I love the work!! Indeed, it was definitely worthy to be posted here. :thumbsup