Making some soap, and guess what? Pics...

modern_pioneer

Mountain Man
Reaction score
I made some pressed/chopped ham soap.... I suppose it could be called spam soap... :lol:

spam%20soap1_zpsjv7io5hf.jpg

spam%20and%20pumpkin_zpsplpx6ejg.jpg

and I did make some great soap too... so all is not lost...
deep%20soap_zpsgcaf103j.jpg

modern_pioneer

Mountain Man
Reaction score
A local feed store supports selling my soaps without adding any extra charges. Currently working on the coding for on-line sales, I find this self sufficient skill as much fun as I do relaxing. If your wondering about the colors, let me tell you some of the organic things I used... Alkenat Root (purple) Madder Root (reds/pinks) Beet Root (browns) it looks pink but during the saponification process it turns brown, Indigo (blue), Chlorophyll (greens), Turmeric (yellow).
The recipe is 4 things, Olive oil, Coconut Oil, Lye and water.... I add things like Jojoba, avocado, shea, castor oil and other things according to a fats chart...
I also have a shampoo bar recipe, facial oatmeal scrub, butter bar soap recipe....
soap7_zpsphv1enof.jpg

modern_pioneer

Mountain Man
Reaction score

modern_pioneer

Mountain Man
Reaction score
Using some old barn wood that I had gathered from a barn re-skinning down the road... It was set in a pile, I asked if I could have a few choice pieces, and so he gave it to me... I used a sweet potato can from the store and made the handles from 11 gauge fence wire by cutting them to length, wrapping them and stapling them on the box after bending the ends to a 90 degree angle to support the box... To keep the weight down, I used a couple slats for the bottom.... My retail package is pictured here...
IMG_4772_zpsbqaonabh.jpg

IMG_4752_zpsr4ggowb8.jpg

modern_pioneer

Mountain Man
Reaction score
I also offered a simple gift set like this one.... Then Danielle knitted some wash cloths and I mad a couples set, her set and a his set.... These bars aren't wrapped for photos, but they are professionally packaged to ensure quality....
soaps4_zpsw1vpchhs.jpg

Latest posts