Man Cave

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I have a she shed. The barn! It’s nowhere near as nice as the above pictures, it’s dusty, hay strewed on the dirt, sheep poop or horse poop depending on which barn I’m in. But the inhabitants are friendly and welcome me into their place of abode.

Yeah... Remind you husband, just how lucky he is.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
View attachment 13906

I would love a study, and library with a big, beautiful wooden desk. A fire place, and porch would be nice too. I could set on the porch and smoke my pipe.

You may or may not realize that most of the wood work in that picture is Chestnut. Chestnut was basicly wiped out in the early 1900 by blight from East Asia (China). If you are really really really lucky you might be able to find some old barns, log homes or buildings built with Chestnut and resaw some beams. But It's VERY RARE and EXPENSIVE lumber.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
You may or may not realize that most of the wood work in that picture is Chestnut. Chestnut was basicly wiped out in the early 1900 by blight from East Asia (China). If you are really really really lucky you might be able to find some old barns, log homes or buildings built with Chestnut and resaw some beams. But It's VERY RARE and EXPENSIVE lumber.
I did not realize it was Chestnut. That'd be great to take on a project like that!