Man faces Health code violations for butchering a cow!!!

CrimsonRose

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
http://www2.nbc4i.com/news/2011/sep/06/man-found-butchering-cow-utah-driveway-ar-724830/

Authorities are considering charges after a Utah man was found butchering a cow in his driveway.

The Standard-Examiner of Ogden reports (http://bit.ly/nCa1an ) that authorities received a call Sunday afternoon from an Ogden resident who reported a neighbor cutting up a cow in his driveway. The caller told authorities they heard what sounded like a gunshot shortly before the butchering began.

Police say when officers arrived, the man was removing the cow's head. He denied shooting the animal, and told the officers it had been delivered dead.

Prosecutors are now reviewing the case for potential charges, including possible health code violations.
wow... ok so maybe he shouldn't have shot it in town and did this in his drive way but still!!! they can't find evidence to arrest him so they have to "FIND" health code violations... for butchering an animal??? Wasn't like he was trying to sell it...

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Well, he was kinda dumb. I live in a suburban neighborhood and we make sure no one except the neighbors who hunt and raised and processed meat animals in the past can see what is happening here. Certainly not from the road. Sheesh. That was just asking for trouble!

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Abi and I had to try and be quiet so the next door neighbors didn't freak out as we killed ducks.

R2D2

Power Conserver
Reaction score
"Sounds like he's one of those in your face types..*
Lol...you got that right, with all the animal rights stuff going on, this guy wasn't thinking much when butchering beef in his driveway...! Thats pretty dumb not mention likely unsanitary,i'd say..Cruelity to animals is wrong, and butchering meat doesn't fall into that deinition, but geeez, use a little common sense man...!!

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
Isn't butchering your own chickens illegal in a lot of cities?

I think it's more like running around naked. That is a health code violation, too. Which also makes no sense.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I need more info on this story

gunshot....he probably DID shoot it, uh, and firing a weapon near homes?? if they prove he shot it, he could be screwed.

and health codes, hmm...but if in town limits etc. there are tons of codes. like blood disposal etc.

NO ONE delivers a WHOLE dead cow. just doesn't happen because RIGHT there is a giant health code violation.

Boogity

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I wonder if there would be an uproar if he were cleaning his fish catch. No difference to me.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
freemotion said:
Well, he was kinda dumb. I live in a suburban neighborhood and we make sure no one except the neighbors who hunt and raised and processed meat animals in the past can see what is happening here. Certainly not from the road. Sheesh. That was just asking for trouble!
x2

I agree.

Latest posts