Manual Washing Machines

Cassandra

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Have any of you ever used the Wonder Wash? It's one of those cranky-type washing machines. It doesn't look like it would hold even one of my big fluffy towels.... I wonder if it works as well as it says it does.

I have been looking for no-electricity laundry solutions. I really can't be washing and wringing out clothes by hand I have some very bad wrists and I can't get enough water out of them so it doesn't take forever for them to dry.

I'm not sure what to do. I've been thinking about it. But I found this link where a little girl invented a manual washing machine. It looks really cool.

http://www.keepingthecastle.com/washing-cum-exercise-machine/

Cassandra

roosmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
:D Reading your post and I thought of this.
Maybe if you got one of the old wringer washing machines and hooked it up to a bicycle. So the more you pedal the better the it washes, and the gears could be hooked to the wringer part too.
:ya

am at work cant click on link :(

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
be careful....sometimes we want what might hurt us...LOL....if you have wrist problems and such....maybe keeping that washer is a good thing.

we don't want to let health get ruined. your wrists are so important for the long run---so maybe keeping the washer is a good thing, ditch the dryer and find some more ways to acquire non-electric solutions.

I love those solar ovens and am going online to find plans to make a good one. Being in NC I have the heat to easily do that and would love to experiement with one. So maybe searching different options and keeping the washer might work well for you.....???

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I'm sure if you looked through the Lehman's Hardware catalog, you will find what you are looking for....it won't be priced very reasonably, but you will find manual washing machines! :)

heatherv

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I'd like to have one of those bicycle clothes washin' thingy majiggy's. I would be one of those who'd like to exercise while washing clothes, I'm sure my kids would as well! Of course I'd keep my electric washing machine for backup when I got sick of cycling 10 hrs a day w/ all the dang laundry we have around here!

Latest posts