Marigold Jelly

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Last month, I gave a jar of lard to a gal at our Azure drop. Today at the drop, her husband told me that his wife had left a jar of Marigold jelly for me, but he had forgotten to grab it as he went out the door, so he'd bring it next time. I gave him another, bigger jar of lard today. I bet he remembers next time.

I have never heard of Marigold jelly. A quick google search led me to this recipe. Anyone here make Marigold jelly? I can't wait to try it!!

http://momsfrugal.blogspot.com/2012/10/marigold-jelly.html
IMG_7310.JPG

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
My dad used to make jellies using apples, which he boiled, then strained through a cloth, boiling the resulting juice/liquid until it was perfect for setting into jellies. He flavoured it with rosemary, lemon juice, port, chillies... He sold it to shops and restaurants. I wish I could tell you guys more about the process, but I didn't help him enough to learn much and it was years ago.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I've made rose petal jelly before; it tasted the way roses smell, and the color was a gorgeous clear pink. I used the little pink wild roses that grow around here. I understand floral jellies will take on the color of the flowers you use.