Michigan

lovemychicks9

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Hi Heather, I am Trudy. I was born and raised in Michigan. I live in North central Arkansas now. My brothere, sister in law , Mom and daughter and son in law and 2 kids all moved here within 5 miles and 2 months of each other 3 years ago. Unfortunatly they are all moving back to Michigan because they miss it so. We lived in National city and Tawas/Oscoda area. My daughter and family are moving back to Bay City area and brother , mom and family are looking at the Cadillac area. I unfortunatly am stuck in Arkansas with the huusband and 24 chickens and a new coop just built a couple months ago. I would so love to come back but husband has a good job and says he will not go back to the land of ice and snow. Trudy

heatherv

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
lovemychicks9 said:
I would so love to come back but husband has a good job and says he will not go back to the land of ice and snow. Trudy
:lol:

Yeah.. that's a great reason! The job situation up here is horrible. I know that people say it's like that everywhere... but here in Northern MI... if you read the stats, and talk to the MI Works/unemployment people... it's really really bad.

Hopefully your family has jobs in place before they come. If you can talk them into it.. I'd highly suggest they move closer to each other, as they will need to rely on each other through the hard times ahead.

farm_mom

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I'm from Huron County, in "the thumb.":frow

heatherv

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Hi! I like your directions! "in the thumb" haha! Most folks from other states don't get it when I show them on my hand map where I live! :cool:

farm_mom

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I know! I once had a girl from texas ask me where in MI I lived, so I put up my hand and showed her. She studied it for a minute, and then showed me on my hand where texas was! :gig

farm_mom

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Yes, Michigan has been known to churn out more than it's fair share of trouble makers!:cool:

Latest posts