Mocking Birds

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We don't have them here in the country. So, I'm always intrigued and excited when I see/hear them in the city. I love them. But, I understand how they could be annoying if there were a lot of them. The males sing ALL. THE. TIME. Quite the territory claiming method, though!
Well you can definitely tell if they are city mocking birds or country mocking birds. Just by the sounds the make. The country one try and mimic other bird mainly, the city ones try and mimic various alarms and the sound of garbage trucks backing up mainly.

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I've not heard the "city" mockers doing mechanical sounds. Then, again... our "city" is rather simple. I've no doubt that mocking birds would easily pick up mechanical sounds. Clever birds, they are. I find their strategy of using bird song from many species to be fascinating. In that way, they are announcing that they own the territory of MANY SPECIES of birds! Such an incredible creation and Creator we have!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I love mocking birds. They nested in the crepe myrtle tree in the front yard of our old house. I miss them, haven’t seen any here.