more knitting!

aggieterpkatie

Swiss Army Wife
Reaction score
Awesome! Have you done cables yet? I was so intimidated by them but when I tried them I was amazed at how easy they were!

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
It's been years since I have knitted! But I loved it. Never made much of anything, but what fun to watch it develop into something, huh!

What are you making?

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I've been making socks lately. I got the book "Socks from the Toe Up" and was amazed at how easy they are.

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
Cool!!! That's on my list, but I am not there yet!

gettinaclue

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I struggle to knit a good wash cloth LOL. I'm much better at crochet. I've never heard of the twist...I'll have to look it up.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Has anyone ever done Camel Crochet? I've heard it looks and wears like knitted, but it's faster and uses less yarn like crochet. I would be interested in hearing your comments if you have ever tried it.

DesertChick

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I've been knitting and crocheting for 50+ years and have never heard of camel crochet. I googled it and the term "Camel Crochet" is trademarked. It appears to be a technique using some of the stitches which I "invented" over the years. Wish I would have thought to trademark them... :lol:

I often use the Tunisian crochet method which is a combination of knitting and crocheting and gives the fabric a woven appearance. I make washcloths, hot water bottle covers, and bottle cozies using Tunisian crochet.

valmom

Crafter
Reaction score
I have been knitting and crocheting for my whole life! Is the Tunisian crochet the one with the double ended crochet hook that you can use 2 different colors of yarn and it comes out ribbed looking and one color on one side and the other color on the other side? I am making an afghan with this crochet, whatever it is called.

Latest posts