MorelCabins Quilts...Entered McCalls Contest!

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I am by no means an excellent quilter, not even a very good one...but I will post some of my quilts here. If I can do this...anyone can, trust me on that!

This one is the latest "rag quilt" that I made for the sofa in the recroom. Later I will post the rag quilt I made for my neice, Summer. I have yet to cut the frays into it and put it through the washer and dry for that well worn, soft flannel look and feel...

Most of my quilts are very rustic, they have to be...it ME making them:>)

jl2h7a.jpg

Here's one I made for my son a couple of years ago...it was my very first quilt...he wanted a wilderness quilt with a log cabin on it:>)

fusxvd.jpg

This is the one I am working on for my neice...it's not done yet, but soon:>)
dp761d.jpg

This one is a simple panel quilt I did this fall. I have one more picture I am going to post after this one...it is a "Star of Wonder Quilt that I did for my mother for Christmas, and I also did one identical for my mother inlaw. It is a panel quilt, but it tells the whole Christmas story on it. One day I am going to have to do another for myself:>)
258xxc9.jpg

Okay last one...Star of Wonder...I LOVE this quilt

dc33ug.jpg

Cassandra

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Wow, that's beautiful. How'd you do that?

Cassandra

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Rag quilts are the easiest quilts to make...and the softest and warmest in my opinion. That one was done with just three layers of flannel cut into strips and sewn together all over to hold in place. Then the three layer strips are sewn to each other...wrong sides togother with a 3/4 to 1 inch seam. take a pair of scissors and 'fray' the raw edges by cuttting about 1/2 inch apart...and throw in your washer and dryer to get the frayed affect.
If you look up rag quilts online you can find much better instructions:>)

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
very nice
you must have the patience of a saint cause I could never sit and sew to that level!

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
Very pretty - I'm working on a flannel rag quilt myself, among a ton of other things going at once.
1. Upholstering the couch.
2. making 40 rice bags for my son's classmates/friends (they are each getting 4 bags of different sizes)
3 Making a little jacket for the dog.
4. knitting slippers for dh.
5. rag quilt

:th

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
just don't ask me to sew clothing...ughhh! I've tried...it's usually warped so bad no one can get it on:>)

I have another pic coming...

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
I didn't see the log cabin one the first time...you must have just put it in. I LOVE that one!! Beautiful!!!!!!!! It would make a beautiful wall hanging in my dining room!!!

Hehe...I do not sew quilts...no patience for it. I only sew my DD's clothes...and I should be sewing right now so I can get her gingerbread outfit done so she can wear it to church tonight.

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
PamsPride said:
I didn't see the log cabin one the first time...you must have just put it in. I LOVE that one!! Beautiful!!!!!!!! It would make a beautiful wall hanging in my dining room!!!

Hehe...I do not sew quilts...no patience for it. I only sew my DD's clothes...and I should be sewing right now so I can get her gingerbread outfit done so she can wear it to church tonight.
Oh I wish I could sew clothes! As crafty as I can be I have NEVER been able to follow a pattern for anything...I have to just do it my way...must be some kind of dislexia or something...I don't know but I have never been able to do it. Last winter I tried to sew myself a flannel nighty...should be easy right....haha only I could screw something up as bad as that was! What a waste of material!

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
I have a lady from church that comes over one night a week and teaches me. That is the only reason I can make DD's clothes!! I have never attempted any for myself...or the boys. Well, I did actually make one outfit for myself to match DD and it came out ok. I can find clothes super cheap at garage sales, rummage sales and Goodwill that it does not make sense to buy material to make myself clothes. DD's are a little different...they are boutique outfits not very plain in the least. My next project is to get started on stuff for the baby.