Mother Earth News new issue

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Anyone get it yet? My subscription hasn't run out, so it came in last week. It's got a great article on grass fed beef, and a few other good things to know, but as usual, there were three articles I can't even begin to read, they make my eyes pop out and the veins in my neck bulge. Oh well, when it runs out it won't be renewed, I far prefer Backwoods Home. Anyways, if you get the chance, check out that grass-feed article, it's very insightful.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I saw it! I let my subscription run out also, Ann, and for the same reasons, but I did pick it up and check it out from the library because of the article on homesteading and the grass-feeding.

It was very informative but I would have liked to read more on the why and how of the rotations and stories about how pastures were rejuvenated from using it.

Home Maker

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Okay, which articles made your eyes pop out? :idunno

I received my "last" issue last week, trying to decide whether to renew.

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I am very conservative - which doesn't mean I'm not concerned about the environment, but the slant in many MEN articles just drives me crazy and I can't read them. If they stuck to homesteading and self-sufficiency I'd keep my subscription. It's become much more left leaning, I've been a subscriber now for over 15 years. Just can't take it anymore. Check out Backwoods Home and see if you like it.

sylvie

Recycled Spunk
Reaction score
I swear every time I cancel a magazine they put out some great material and I end up buying them at news stand prices.

We have the new MEN issue but I haven't looked at it. Dh has it.

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Is MEN available online or no? I'm interested in reading the articles on grass-feeding, but I'm not really wanting to purchase the mag...anyone feeling generous with theirs? :p

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
You may want to check your local library. I usually check out the articles in the library copy and then decide if it is worth purchasing. If there are only a few ideas, I make notes in a word doc on my computer and return the issue to the library.

Latest posts